1.13.2008







My morning in the Bowery
continued with a stop at the
New 235 Bowery Museum

For a good long moment,
I stared at the great verticality of the building.
I stared at a young man's bright purple pants.
And I stared at cinema's one-of-a-kind,
Maggie Cheung, standing so casually
beside me.

2 or 3 things...

I liked the museum's architecture,
designed by Japanese firm SANAA
I liked the Wolff Olins graphic campaign
(thus, I kept my beautiful ticket stub)
I liked the colorful bathroom tiles,
as I photographed above.

...and yet, I disliked all the art

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Magggggie! Sexy empress of high collared and tightly clinging dresses! Only in NY! Oh I love this post! The combination of images is sweetness.
X Lies

fwuitbowl said...

Wow I am so jealous you saw Maggie Cheung! That is so amazing. She is one of my favorites.

I wish I went into the bathroom at the New Museum when I was there. It looks so cool...oh well - next time!