8.21.2007

L. Williamson









Leslie Williamson, was featured in the July/Aug 07 Dwell Issue and I loved her photographic series on famous architects' and designer's interior spaces---like that of Walter Gropius. Unlike typical 'contextual' architectural photographs, William's captured tighter and more unrestrained aspects of these seemingly sterile environments: "By focusing on quiet, interior vignettes, Williamson reveals and intimacy in each space, and, in turn, makes each person's life's work all the more tenable---Dwell"

Take a closer look

4 comments:

ChiGirl said...

Those are beautiful spaces, and as I don't read Dwell (need to cut off the magazine obsession somewhere) Leslie Williamson is new to me. Thanks.

Joanna Goddard said...

oooh, i'm so glad i found you and your blog. i just linked to you.....will be back a lot! xo

Carlene said...

I love those photos. I saw them in Dwell, too, but for some reason I thought Leslie Williamson was a woman. Oops.

LittleDoodles said...

mmm...nothing lovelier than an old typewriter!